Old November 29th 03, 08:37 PM
Scott Ferrin

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:27:59 GMT, Scott Ferrin
wrote:

Six different kinds of AAMs on the Flanker? What is that, the AA-10,
AA-11, AA-12 and what AA-8? What are the other 2? R-37 was
cancelled, That air to air Krypton looking thing is a paper design
AFAIK and the AAA-AE or whatever that two stage long range missile was
has never entered service either.

Flanker AAMs: R-27, R-40, R-60, R-73A, R-77, and KS-172.

KS-172 is a paper missile. No Flanker of any sort carries the R-40
(Do you know which one that is?) Come to think of it I've never seen
a picture of a Flanker carrying an R-40 nor read that it's armament
for the Flanker.

"Come to think of it I've never seen a picture of a Flanker carrying
an R-40 nor read that it's armament for the Flanker." I meant to say
R-60. In simpler terms: KS-172 is a paper missile, the Flanker has
NEVER carried the AA-6 Acrid, and I've never seen the AA-8 Aphid
listed as armament for the Flanker anywhere nor ever seen a picture of
the Flanker actually carrying it.