Old November 15th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jules

Default Leasehold hangars and content restrictions

My airport has gone through that phase. It was pretty rough. They even
banned people parking in the hangar when they go away. We couldn't drive
out to the hangar also. Winter trips thinned out because nobody wanted
to drag their suitcased through the mud'n slush. Then return to a plowed
in or plow damaged or vandalized car. Of course those who curried favour
with the owners were allowed to drive in and park. But the whole time
those who could drive up to their hangars and had garage doors on the
hangar just parked in anyway.

They even banned having a tin of wd40 in the hangar.

Tony Cox wrote:
At my home airport, we have a new airport manager
who seems to be on a mission to eradicate anything
but aircraft from leasehold hangars. He claims to have
discovered FAA support for this position during his
"on the job" training -- he is not a pilot, and has no prior
aviation experience -- but he cannot come up with
anything written. We pilots are, naturally, rather
skeptical that the FAA has expressed an opinion
one way or another.

Hangars are all owner-financed (no FAA money), typically
originally with a 30 year lease. It's a municipal airport,
exclusively civilian use, and has in the past been the recipient
of FAA grant money and will no doubt receive additional
FAA funds in the future. There are roughly 100 "private"
hangars (not commercial) at the airport. We're not a pt
139 airport -- some pt 135 sightseeing flights & that's all.

Does anyone have any experience with airport managers,
and/or rules and regulations that restrict what one can
store in one's hangar? Our pilot community is concerned that
our lifestyle is under threat -- historically, people have stored
cars, RVs, boats, tables, chairs, sofas and all manner of toys
and comfort items along with aircraft.

Perhaps there is even someone out there who has a definitive
ruling from the local FSDO...