Old September 14th 04, 10:19 PM
Andrew Gideon

Roy Smith wrote:

My club used to have no rule about grass at all. A few years back,
somebody brought our Arrow back covered with grass stains. A discussion
ensued, and we ended up passing a rule forbidding landing any of our
retracts on a non-paved runway. Oddly enough, we don't require any
special checkout for grass.

That's right, I forgot: only the 172s can be landed on grass, and only if
there are no wheel-pants in place.

I would certainly urge anybody who is thinking of joining a club to read
all the rules carefully before joining. If they forbid or regulate
something you want to do, you'll either have to forgo your particular
desire, or find another club.

Well...

I want to do aerobatics, but none of the club planes can. So I go beyond
the club's airplanes for this...and a number of us in the club do so.

But I know what you mean, and you are right. I'm just trying to get a
picture of what some of these things might be. They might give me some new
ideas grin.

- Andrew