Old February 22nd 14, 05:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Orval Fairbairn

Default Question for the group in Hawker

In article ,
"Jess Lurkin." wrote:

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

That said, for my nickel a disproportionate number of
British A/C designs are ugggg-leeee. Yes, yes, the
U.S. has had their share of ugly ducklings. But the
Brits are far and away the leader of the pack.

The one exception to this is the Hawker livery. The
postings of Joseph T and many of the others in here
have led me to believe that Hawker has apparently
never hatched an ugly bird. Even the bi-planes look
like works of art (to me).

So, I was wondering if any or all of you would be
willing to post any or all of your Hawker pics?

I'm trying to see if there is a Hawker that gives
me pause in my opinion.

Anyone know of a Hawker with a gag-factor?

Most of the DeHavilland line were sheer beauties, starting with the Dh
88 Comet and later the Albatross.

Yes -- many of the 1920s-30s British (and French) bombers looked as if
they were designed with an ugly stick, but there were some beauties
later.