Old November 28th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman

Default Grand Canyon West Airport - 1G4

wrote in message
ups.com...

Jay Beckman wrote:

According to what I read recently (I believe it was over at AirNav), you
are
not allowed to just wander over to the rim of the Canyon anymore. IIRC,
you
used to be able to at one time, but they no longer allow it. Now, I
think
you have to be part of a tour or have alternate permission. However,
most
who opined did write that the arial views in the vicinity of 1G4 are
awesome.

Where are you flying out of? I'm a club flyer based at Stellar Airpark
(P19.)

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

Jay, what kind of drugs are you on? The canyon is a national park, and
there are walkways all along the rim, not to mention hundreds of miles
of trails that go down into the canyon. I can't believe you can live
in Chandler and be so mis-informed.

Dean

Hey...

No **** Sherlock...I'm completely aware of the facilities present at the
Grand Canyon and that it's a National Park.

But we aren't talking about the entire canyon. Did you even read the
original post? The OP asked about doing a specific thing from a specific
airport:
"Can you land at Grand Canyon West (1G4) and walk to the rim."

From what I dug up, it would seem the answer is NO. If you don't want to
believe me, go read the Goddamn posts yourself:

http://www.airnav.com/airport/1G4/A#c

And if you happen to know differently, why don't you say so instead of
jumping down my throat?

*PLONK*

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL