Old June 5th 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Gliders in the Grand Canyon

RomeoMike writes:

I guess you're not going to inform me. I have personally flown into all
of these that you mention, except Cliff Dwellers, which I'm not sure
even exists anymore. In any case, none of them is "down in the canyon."

They are 2000 feet below the rim. How much further down do they have to be in
a 5000-foot canyon before they qualify as "inside" to you?

None of them is even within the Grand Canyon National Park boundary,

Neither is most of the Grand Canyon.

I will say that even some real pilots, impressed
with the scenery, have thought they were in the Grand Canyon when
flying into Marble Canyon airport, but they were not.

I will say that some people hate it when not looking something up comes back
to bite them.

BTW, I know the answer to your original question, but what's the use.

If you aren't even familiar with the SFRA, I rather doubt that you could know
the answer to my question.