Old June 5th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RomeoMike

Default Gliders in the Grand Canyon

You see, this is why no one wants to engage you. You are either stupid
or a troll for sure. I have the USGS 'Navajo Bridge Quad.' 7.5'
topographic map in front of me. It clearly shows Marble Canyon airport
ABOVE the canyon. To the northwest are the Vermilion Cliffs, which have
nothing to do with the Grand Canyon. I have the appropriate topos for
the Tuweep and Bar Ten areas as well, but what's the use.

Mxsmanic wrote:

I looked it all up. On a topographic map it is clear that these are all in
the canyon. And if you look closely you'll see that the canyon is about 2000
feet deep where these airports sit.