Old January 11th 12, 10:36 PM
RAS56 RAS56 is offline
Member

Same question, hopefully same answer...could use a little more info.

I'm trying to put together a W&B event at our club, we're bringing in outside help from another club with a set of scales and the experience of knowing what to do.

WRT positioning the glider at the correct angle, my ship is an ASW-19b. Although my owners manual has a page dedicated to CG info, there's nothing in there about what procedure to use to actually weigh the thing. It's just a page with a CG envelope on it.

Now I did find on page 30 of the manual (a page that has general dimensions as well as specs for control deflections) a side view drawing with info presented as the thread starter discussed, mine says 1000 by 45.

SO, to do the procedure correctly, construct a small triangle with those dimensions, inflate the main wheel to proper pressure, put a level on the triangle, then raise the tail till I get a level bubble? It would seem to make sense that this is done with wings level laterally as well, correct? Lightly (fingertips) or is a wingstand under a tip ok? THEN, take the weights?

Finally, this will be the 4th W&B for this glider. All the ones done previously have had a "form" with a glider drawing on it and appropriate spots to fill in main wheel/tail wheel weights, etc. Where can we obtain "blanks" to fill in our ships for our event? We will have an A&P IA overseeing the process and signing off logbooks. As I said, I'm coordinating, so I'm trying to get all the info/materials each owner will need to have on hand at weigh-in so the event goes smoothly.

Thanks much,

Rob
ASW-19b
ZAP

Last edited by RAS56 : January 11th 12 at 10:41 PM.