Old July 31st 20, 12:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Scary story about landing on a Lake Tahoe golf course

Same in Europe for Schleicher. Our club had to spend a similar amount for putting an otherwise undamaged ASK21 in service, after a lake landing. I guess the days of let-it-dry and rig are finished.
Nobody got hurt in Italy for water landings. Minor concussions for a spin and water crash (glider destroyed).

Aldo Cernezzi
www.voloavela.it

Schempp policy for water landing is that all pushrods get changed in the gliders, they cannot risk corrosion and resulting ADs 10-20 years later. I once asked factory guy how much this is, answer was that around 20k euros (lots of holes in wings)