Old November 21st 03, 06:19 AM
Montblack

For Cr....
For Cr...
For "crying out loud" Dave, snip your posts!

I couldn't say it, for I too was raised Catholic (I'm 5 out of 7 ...hoping
to hook up with 7 of 9 some day)

some thoughts and *snips* from Jay's post

After a beautiful (if bumpy) approach (thanks to the wind hitting the huge
bluffs that line the river by PDC) I taxied up to the terminal, and parked
next to a gorgeous blood-red Mooney.

No forward CG issues this flight? That's a rhetorical question - let's move
on to the buffet line.

As lunch proceeded, we began discussing Iowa City, and how terrific the
school system was, and they guided the conversation uncomfortably into

what
church we attended with our kids. Mary struggled bravely to answer that
question in a way that wouldn't offend these obviously religious men, but
there was simply no way to hide the fact that we didn't take them to ANY
church.

Try the line: I used to be a mackerel snapper, but traded my knee pads in
years ago. (Don't know why I think that's so funny, I just do)

Funny story about friends and attending church on Easter Sunday. Young
family was with *his* parents on this Easter morning. Young daughter pipes
up - we're going to Church because someone is getting married. My friends
were busted.

I then proceeded to explain that we had both been raised
hyper-Catholic, and had been bludgeoned to death with our heavy-handed
religious upbringings. We were going to let our children decide their
religion when they reached the age of reason.

Hey kids, First Day of Advent (the Sunday which is closest to November 30)
is still available!! All your friends will be there.

Mary finally came up with the answer -- she bolted, and went to the
bathroom!

The answer was there, right in front of you - Buffet baby!!

All kidding aside, when I'm in that situation, I very politely (hedging my
bets) thank them for their interest in my soul, and then excuse myself,
unless they want to talk about something else besides eternal salvation.

Next time try something like - Say, how bout them Packers? 8-8 just might
win the division this year. Of course they'll need a miracle to make it to
the Super Bowl. Say, you two fellas do any Angel Flights? Heavens to Betsy,
look at the time - gottogo. Bye.

Pilots are just like everyone else: Some have *found* God. Some are still
searching, and some have never lost him to begin with. :-)

Yup, they don't make Jews like Jesus anymore.

--
Montblack
(Former alter boy, working on my repressed memory skills - I think I might