Old October 17th 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Steve C

Default Cost of owning a Diamond DA40, new vs 5-6 years old

I have a 2001 Star, which I purchased new 5 years ago. As others have
noted, there is a big depreciation on new airplanes. On the other hand,
new Diamonds come with a 2 year warranty. I spent zero on repairs
during the first two years (and very little since then).

You can calculate your own expenses such as debt service, hangar or
tiedown. Figure 9 gal/hr fuel burn. Insurance is relatively
inexpensive, as there is a good loss experience with Diamonds.

All the new Stars are G1000 equipped and run close to $300K. The older
Garmin or Bendix King equipped models are lots cheaper.

Steve

wrote:
Any DA40 owners here ?

Assume one flies 100-150 hours/year, how much is the annual cost
associated with
owning a new DA40 ?

What about a 5-6 years 2nd hand one ?

I don't own business and have no way of writting off any of the costs.

Thanks in advance.

P S