Old May 29th 05, 04:30 PM
Stealth Pilot

On Sun, 29 May 2005 08:25:58 -0500, "O. Sami Saydjari"
wrote:

After talking to a mechanic about this, he suggested that it was likely
that the small spot was improperly primed when it was last painted. He
also said that he has *never* been about to get an exactly match to
white....and that with fading, even if it matches at first, it wont
match after a year. He suggested getting spray paint (enamel) from the
hardware store with a white that best matches to my eye...and then spray
paint it with some feathering into the surrounding area. Does anyone
think this is not a good idea?

-Sami

appliance white is used everywhere in just this way. :-)

I have a friend with a Thorp T18 who swears he will repaint in rattle
can white enamel so that he can touch up the paint easily before
flyins.

Stealth Pilot