Old July 31st 14, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Kawa.....

Am Donnerstag, 31. Juli 2014 17:45:17 UTC+2 schrieb Steve Leonard:
On Thursday, July 31, 2014 10:14:05 AM UTC-5, Sean Fidler wrote:

You are correct! It appears that Sebastian Kawa won the 2012 15 Meter Class World Championship at WGC Uvalde 2012 by ONLY 440 points (not quite 600). I don't understand what you mean by gaining half of those points on the final day. It appears that Kawa gained only 7 points on the last day (13).

He beat his team mate, Tomasz Rubaj by 7 points. Second place overall in the contest was Matthias Sturm. Kawa beat him by 188 points on the last day. So, he got 188 of his 434 point victory margin on the last day.

And, I don't think anyone is questioning that Kawa is a superb pilot. Some have pointed out that others have made significant accomplishments, as well. Just not yet over the duration that Kawa has shown.

Thanks, thatīs exactly what I meant with my statement. You can be sure that Matthias went into the last day with a "all or nothing" attitude, and obviously it didnīt work out.
And 440 Points in a competition with 11.000 points in total are nothing. Thatīs the other thing.

Sure, Kawa is perhaps the best pilot in the world, but Uvalde was definetely not a good example for his "domination".