Old April 19th 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Andy Hawkins

Default Altimeter Question

Hi,

In article ,
wrote:
The format is defined as it improves accurarcy and rate of info
transfer. The pilot qualification is not part of the mayday for that
reason. Strangely I was not taught the "mayday relay" format in PPL
but it is used in boating and elsewhere.

Haven't got the book in front of me, but I thought one of the 'P' in IPPA
was the pilot qualifications. I'll have to check, gotta do my R/T practical
soon.

A relayed Mayday is likely to be on there too, from memory the call is:

Mayday mayday mayday, G-ABCD have intercepted Mayday from G-WXYZ, I say
again, G-WXYZ.

The rest of the call is as per the standard Mayday.

Andy