Old February 13th 12, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default New Butterfly Vario

On Feb 13, 2:15*pm, Andy wrote:
On Feb 13, 2:45*pm, Brad wrote:

I would also hope that my fellow competitors would
approve of my action and not protest.

Brad,

Your proposal is incomplete. *To be complete you would need to define
the penalty that would be applied if your disabling means was found to
have been broken at any time during the contest.

Such penalty could reasonably include loss off all contest points up
to and including the day on which the disabling device was found to be
ineffective. *Restricting the points loss to a single day may require
your glider to inspected every day, something you could perhaps
arrange with the CD, scorer, or an other designated competitor.

Andy

Andy,

That all sounds reasonable to me. It's much easier for me to do what
we've talked about rather than pull my instrument pod, unscrew the
panel, un-hook the wires and un-screw and remove my Tru_trak.

If I am willing to take several days off of work and spend a bunch of
money for a contest I am sure not going to cheat and risk everything.
That being said......IF I needed my Tru-Trak, then I would accept the
agreed upon penalty.............but if the AH saved me from pulling my
wings off and being a lawn dart (as some have suggested) then at least
I would be alive to take my beating for cheating!

thanks,
Brad