Old June 22nd 18, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 3,000 hour inspection for Schleicher sailplanes, required in the US?

On Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 3:17:56 PM UTC-4, Chris Snyder wrote:
On Sunday, November 12, 2017 at 10:20:27 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I've spent some time reading the FAA's response to the SSA in regards to the IS-28B2 found here, http://www.ssa.org/files/member/FAA%...7%20-%20Signed[2543].pdf

I'm curious how it applies to the 3,000 hour service life extension for say a Schleicher ASW-15 sailplane.

I have the same question about a DG-200. Is a service life extension required in the US?

The Lark was life limited. It did not have a provision for service life extension. The FAA provided a way to extend life by condition, as I recall.
The other manufacturers do have that provision so owners have to comply with the inspection specified to ensure continued airworthiness.
UH