Old June 23rd 18, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morgan[_2_]

Default 3,000 hour inspection for Schleicher sailplanes, required in the US?

On Friday, June 22, 2018 at 4:44:43 AM UTC-7, Chris Snyder wrote:
The Lark was life limited. It did not have a provision for service life extension. The FAA provided a way to extend life by condition, as I recall..
The other manufacturers do have that provision so owners have to comply with the inspection specified to ensure continued airworthiness.
UH

Thank you for the confirmation. If anyone has gone through the 3000h inspection process for a DG, I'd appreciate any information you can share.

Chris

Hi Chris,

We did a 3000hr inspection on a DG100G with the assistance of Rex at Williams Soaring. It took about a day to go through everything. Nothing really too difficult or special, just checking and comparing things to their specifications. The hassle of course is paying the service fee and then buying the inspection form. But beyond that, it's just like doing an extensive annual where you're doing some measurement of play in control circuits or throw of ailerons.

Morgan