Old September 21st 10, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

Default How high can you fly?

On Sep 20, 7:52*pm, Mark wrote:

They are unmanned to set records in duration and elevation.

No they are unmanned because they would have to be many times bigger to
carry the weight of a person.

No they are unmanned because they didn't want to make
them large enough to carry a man.

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/n...ios/index.html

Keep trying. Even a blind pig gets an acorn once in a while.

---
Mark

I AM WRONG! They aren't unmanned because they didn't want
to make them large enough to carry a man.

I AM RIGHT! See my first answer. They are unmanned because
they wanted to set endurance and elevation records.

My mistake was in thinking I was wrong.

Like you.

---
Mark