Old November 30th 09, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Winching in Florida this winter

On Nov 30, 11:48*am, Don wrote:
Hi all,
My commercial gliding operation (http://www.crosscountrysoaring.com)
is moving to Florida for six weeks (Jan 14 - Feb 28th) with our winch
(330HP and a mile of Spectra) and one Grob 103. If you would like to
find out what a winch shot feels like, or get an endorsement (which
satisfies a Flight Review), have a look at the Florida page of the web
site for more information on training, pricing and scheduling. We will
operate out of the Immokalee Airport (KIMM), home of the Everglades
Soaring Club, which is about 25 miles inland of Naples/Ft Myers or
three hours south of Seminole Lake, Home of the Seniors (which kick
off March 7th).
If you've never tried it before, winching will likely exceed your
expectations in pretty much every way.
Thanks for putting up with the short ad, ras!
Honest cu's to u,
Don Ingraham

Here are a couple of short CCSI winch launch videos:

Soaring - Hammerheads over Minnesotahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQXse_FuPo8

Glider winch launch - cool anglehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIy8381lX3A

Too wimpy to endure another Minnesota winter Don ?
How come you didn't leave last week ?
Have fun in Florida,
Best Regards, Dave

PS: Come visit the seniors - it'll be a short drive when
you can't bear to go back to Minnesota !