Old November 17th 03, 10:50 PM
O-ring Seals

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:23:09 GMT, "Cambridge_Flyer"
wrote:

Hi, I'm putting together a Lycoming 0-320A engine from parts I've scrounged
together. I have four connecting rods, three of which are within .12 oz of
each other and the forth is about .5 oz less then the other three. Does
anyone know what the Specs are for Lycoming Connecting Rods?? Thanks.

No published weight specifications that I am aware of. Since you are
scrounging parts, it is likely that the rods came from different
engines. Maybe the ones that are close in weight were balanced
previously. You could have the entire set balanced, but removing .5
oz. is quite a bit of metal. Make sure that the person doing it knows
where material can be removed.

O-ring Seals