Old September 9th 03, 03:19 AM
JohnH

Andy Durbin wrote:
JohnH wrote in message . net...

Jim Buckridge wrote:

Anyone know offhand what percentage of those with their glider rating
ONLY have their glider rating? Seems where I am everyone who flies
gliders has their PPL as well. But most of them seem to prefer
soaring :-)

When I get my Glider license, I will be a 'Glider only' pilot. NO PPL.
I asked my local Gliderport about this, and said roughly 'half' had
their PPL. I guess at least I won't have to undo any habits, I'll be
'pure'

john
orlando fl

John,

I'm curious, if you won't be a private pilot (PPL) what are you going
for - commercial? or going all the way to ATP in one bug jump?

In FAA parlance I suspect you mean you won't be rated ASEL (airplane
single engine land).

That probably leaves you Private Pilot - Glider Aero tow only, and the
proud holder of a Private Pilot License (PPL).

Andy (GY)
started PPL glider and added a few more.

I won't be rated for powered aircraft. PPLG is what I'm going for, you
knew that ;

john
orlando fl