Old August 19th 15, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default SSA responds to ANPRM

On Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 1:00:11 PM UTC-4, George Haeh wrote:
Here in Canada the air carriers are pretty
much on ADS-B already; so my PF sees
them. Aside from the odd towplane, my
PF has only alerted me to one
transponder target.

I can receive several ADS-B returns on a
single flight.

Hi George - the Dash-8's running Ottawa-Montreal over Gatineau and MSC aren't ADS-B equipped; neither are the Ontario provincial aeromedical evac helos that buzz through our MFA area. We see their transponders. Only the 3pm flights from Europe come in showing ADS-B. I expect we'll see more as 2020 approaches since most of the Dash-8's will also be going into NY and Boston.

We also see a lot of GA traffic over the Ottawa River...