Old February 25th 05, 03:11 AM
Jack

I don't have great experience with this, but I did make 3 military
jumps back when my young knees would take my then 151 pounds... I don't
want to think about that now, so don't ask... I recently got a 'chute
with a glider purchase. It hasn't been repacked in a couple of years.
It's less than 10 years old. Why, though, should I repack it 3 times in
a year? Will I use it in winter? Will it deteriorate more if it's not
repacked but left in it's container? I still favor the 180-day repack
if not just annually for these chutes that just get worn in the
cockpit. Yes, the age thing is proabbly a viable issue. But to me, it's
kind of like making all airline pilots retire at 60... probably a
waste, much of the time.

Just my nickel's worth...

Jack Womack