Old May 2nd 20, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Livingston

Default Glider Electronics Experiment #1 - electrical crosstalk demonstrated

Nice demo of cross talk. Last year I fixed a problem in our glider where the microphone wires were not completely shielded, as in your demo, and were picking up signal from the radio speaker wires, also not completely shielded. The result was intermittently the radio would squeal during transmit due to feedback from the speaker back into the microphone. It was intermittent due to the wires shifting slightly every time the canopy opened/closed. Shielding both the speaker and microphone wires fixed the problem.

Rich L.