Old July 23rd 03, 10:51 PM
Jim

"Paul J. Adam" wrote in message
In message , Jim writes
"Paul J. Adam" wrote in message
Point proved. Why does the US have to exempt its own citizens from

the
claimed routine?

Because being a citizen they are gurenteeded the constitutions

protection,
it isn't an issue of terrotioial jusrtiction.
being a citizens gives the constitution jusrisdiction.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created
equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable
Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Where's the "but only as long as they are citizens of the United States"
exemption?

How many US citizens are detained in Guantanamo?

None?

Well in case you didn't figure it out, an american wouldn't fall under

the
GC accords protection from the american goverment,

_None_ of the detainees are protected by the GCs, Jim. The US Government
has decided that "because we say so" is sufficient to deny GC
protection.

It's just that it seems the US decided that being captured out of
uniform, armed, and fighting against the US _wasn't_ enough to make
Lindh an "unlawful combatant"... and the only difference between him and
any other detainee is his nationality.

"Duh" yourself.

Actually he plead guilty to a lesser charge. He did so as i understand it
under the threat that they might charge him
with treason. Treason is one of the few crimes that carry the death
penalty.

Jim
is in federial jail