Old September 11th 09, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Spera

Default Cherokee 140 Oil Temp Sending Unit

O.K., I'll chase those numbers down.

Thanks,

Mike
"Scott Braddock" wrote in message
mmunications...
Mike Spera wrote:
Scott,

That's the gauge you are looking at, not the sending unit. I don't need
the gauge.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

My Feb. 1995 Cherokee parts catalog shows the sending unit on Figure 68,
"Electrical System Installation", item #63: "Gauge-Engine Unit, Oil
Temperature" Depending on your Serial # ( 20550, or 20550 ), it shows
Piper part # 462-046, or 550-487 (mfg's part #'s 1514976, or 362-EW).
Bear in mind all of those #'s have probably been superceded by now, but
perhaps a Piper dealer or Lycoming distributor can take you from there.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane

Mike,

I believe the part #'s I gave you are the correct ones. If you have
access to the drawing, you will see it clearly indicates the sending unit,
which screws in to the accessory case. Notice they call it "Gauge,
*Engine Unit*, Oil Temp". The actual gauge, that you see in the cockpit,
is listed in Figure 16 & 17, "Instrument Panel Installation", under items
# 28 & 35, respectively: "Instrument - Oil Temperature", again, depending
on serial no.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane