Old September 20th 19, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chuck Lohre[_2_]

Default Wanted to buy, Dittel radio wiring harness

On Monday, September 9, 2019 at 9:23:52 AM UTC-4, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
Chuck,

While making or buying a harness is an option, I think that you may be pursuing the wrong approach to your problem.

You have a problem in your glider. You want to set up a bench test rig. This will only determine if the radio itself is ok or not. In my experience the radio itself doesn't fail - especially so with quality brands (Filser, Dittel, Becker, etc) but rather with wiring, power supply, antenna, etc. Bottom line: your intended approach probably won't determine where your problem is within the glider.

My suggestion is to first use the troubleshooting guidelines in my presentation http://aviation.derosaweb.net/presen...s/#transceiver and see where that gets you.

If you think the problem is with the radio then send it in to a qualified repair shop. Addresses and phone numbers are listed in my presentation.

Best of Luck,
John OHM Ω

Hi John,

Thanks for the information. I got the radio to work yesterday. I think I was plugging the mic into the wrong plug. Still need to do some more testing. Thanks for your help and very informative literature.