Old May 13th 04, 08:30 PM
Stewart Kissel

Roy B.-

I sent you a couple of emails using my hotmail account,
you might check your spam filter if they don't show
up in your inbox.

At 19:30 13 May 2004, Stewart Kissel wrote:
Yep, we got a Restricted Pawnee that has never towed.
And I talked the owner into the safer and more expensive
Tost unit. And the FSDO says no field approval, period.
I got some good information from the AirSailing group
who have had two Pawneess approved recently, and waiting
to hear back from Stephen Northcraft in regards to
the SSA liaison to the FAA on this subject.

At 16:30 13 May 2004, Roy Bourgeois wrote:
I am currently working this problem in Massachusetts
and have some =
thoughts to share with anyone doing the same. If the
aircraft has never =
towed before - I strongly recomend starting out with
the standard =
Schweizer hook and not the Tost unit. This is essential
if it's a =
Restricted Pawnee. The Tost unit requires the FAA
ASI (the guy who OKs =
the 337) to contact 'FAA Engineering' - and that creates
a host of =
problems that you don't want to complicate the change
in use.=20

Pleae feel free to contact me off net.

roy