Old May 11th 05, 11:51 PM
Charles O'Rourke

Matt Whiting wrote:
I don't remember which field was narrowest, but I believe it was near
Pittsburgh, PA. I'll have to check my log book. I DO remember the
shortest I landed at. It is K9B1. It is less than 1700' with
obstructions at both ends. Landing the Skylane was no problem,
requiring only about 1000' with light braking. However, the sight
picture when I turned final was unnerving. The book said I had plenty
of space so I trusted the numbers.

The pilot I bought my plane from learned at Marlboro (9B1), and he
demonstrated the STOL characteristics of my plane by landing and taking
off at 9B1. What a blast! Coming in down over those trees on short
final is a thrill.

Charles.
-N8385U