Old August 15th 10, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

Default Build your own PowerFLARM!

When people in the FAA, AOPA, etc... read these kind of comments, what
do you think happens to our sport's credibility?

Running the risk of being accused of having a sense of humor *can* be
pretty damaging, please censor yourself accordingly.

Kinda reminds me of a story I heard a few years back (forgot by who,
but it was out east...). A few syndicate owners of a glider found
themselves with an empty hole in the panel to fill so for kicks, one
of them took an instrument carcass and made a new Fun-meter
(Funometer?), with a nicely made scale and pointer to measure how much
fun was being had at any given moment, with "Fun" written on the scale
to indicate such. After rigging the ship one day, another club member
came up and was quietly studying the panel in the ship for a awhile,
puzzling over this new gadget. Eventually he pipes up and asks one of
the guys: "What does F.U.N.stand for"?

-Paul