Old June 14th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Warning-Real Homebuilder Item For Sale!!!

RST Engineering wrote:

Ya know, I was just going to shine this little thing on until you came back
with the netnanny crap.

Stick around folks, I'll show you how to make one that will handle a dozen
amps at any liveable temperature and failsafe -- Kitplanes December issue.

By the way, is your failure mode open or closed? I'm not about to put a $5
part in between my supply line and radio unless the failure will turn the
radios on.

Jim

"Rip" wrote in message
. com...

Jim Logajan wrote:

[posted and mailed]

Rip wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4647303457

You should probably confine your posts to rec.aviation.marketplace or
risk suspension of your account with eBay. According to eBay
(http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html) they state:

Thanks, NetNanny. Review "appropriately".

Gee, Jim. I'm breathless with anticipation! A dozen amps! And it will
fit in a 1 x 1/2 inch cylinder? I think you missed the point of my
little item. I see a lot of homebuilders running out of panel space,
or adding switches after the fact for non-critical items like intercoms
and engine analyzers, that could stand a little delay after master
switch power up. I never intended for it to be used on radios, critical
engine instruments, etc.
On the other hand, many items (such as those mentioned above) don't need
to be on the avionics bus. So you splice my timer in the power supply
line after the fuse or circuit breaker. It handles the protection and
power up for you, while you get settled in during engine warm-up, etc.

I think an item like this geared specifically towards homebuilders is
more than appropriate for a group titled "rec.aviation.homebuilt".
If you, or anyone else, disagrees, don't read or respond to the ad!
Otherwise, you're all doomed to using the same old techniques and
technology ad nauseum. In fact, Jim. Isn't that what you do? Attempt to
introduce homnebuilders to a potentially better way of doing things?

Rip