Old February 3rd 21, 04:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

Default USA automated panel-cutting service?

On Monday, February 1, 2021 at 12:22:26 PM UTC-8, Kenn Sebesta wrote:
Another CAD package you can use that is FREE is ONSHAPE (onshape.com/en). It also has a bit of a learning curve (all capable CAD programs do) but for jobs of limited complexity, such as a console, you can use onshape free..

Rich L.

I couldn't more strongly recommend OnShape. It's founded by the guys who founded SolidWorks. They sold off SolidWorks to Dassault, and then set about fixing all the architectural legacy mistakes. The new way of approaching parts by building in Part Studios is far more natural then SW's one-part-per-document approach.

Source: many of my friends work for OnShape, and one of the founders was their college professor.

Dave, lots of sign shops have CNC routers with a large enough bed to do a panel. Fiberglass should be easy for them.

Cheers,
Craig JN