Old December 2nd 04, 07:56 PM
Dude

Having driven many of them, I understand why they would not want you to
drive it.

The BMW has a much better driving experience.

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
markjen wrote:

The situation isn't exactly the same, but not many car dealers give

demos to
customers who don't yet have their driver's license.

For another reason. Up until recently here the main reason they wanted

see your drivers license is so they could grab the SSN off it so they

could
go run a quick credit check on you.

Most states (??) don't use the SSN on the drivers license (optional for
some
states).

My wife was surprised they let me go drive a $45,000 vehicle without even
the salesman along (and I pointed out that they had already determined

that
I was good for it). We even drove the thing off the lot with temporary
tags and a "promise" to come back and give them a check for the down

payment.

What did you drive into the dealership in? Beater or newer comparable
model.

On the other hand, Mercedes-Benz dealers won't give any test
drives...period. I showed up to look at an E500 in my wife's one year old
Infiniti Q-45 and they still wanted me to buy it without driving it.
--
Matt