Old August 23rd 04, 11:51 AM
Blanche

If the copilot is not familiar with the aircraft (radios, etc) then
it's difficult to have them do the communications, setting freqs,
etc. I had that happen with an instructor. I own a cherokee and have
upgraded (not hard, since few of the avionics worked anyway) the
radios, added an intercom and PS 6000, etc. Most instructors around
here are familiar with the King environment and not the PS/Garmin/UPSAT
configurations. Hence the inability to change freqs on a timely
basis when flying with me.

CRM only works if both parties are familiar with procedures and
equipment and agree to use the procedures.