Old August 23rd 04, 01:56 PM
Dave Butler

Can anyone point me to web or print resources with discussion of how to
best utilize two pilots in small airplanes? Who does what, etc. I have
found lots of airline-level material but really nothing that relates to
flying light singles. Or maybe someone who regularly flies with a pilot
spouse? How do you split the workload?

Nobody seems to have mentioned being certain who is flying the plane. Have an
agreed on protocol for exchanging control.

P1: You take the controls.
P2: I have the controls.
P1: You have the controls.

I like Stan Prevost's list of things that can be delegated to a nonpilot
frequent passenger. That's a clip-and-save. Thanks, Stan.

Dave