Old August 23rd 09, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Thomas Kelley

Default Nimbus 2/2B

On Aug 22, 4:24�pm, thermalrider wrote:
Anyone have an English version of the POH thay are willing to share?
Any pros/cons?

r/Jim

Well, I owned a Nimbus 2B, which I enjoyed very much. The "B" model
has the improved horizonal tail with an elevator instead of the "A"
which was an all flying tail. If you have a one man rig, then assembly
will go very go. It does run well for an older ship and will give you
many hours of enjoyment. At least mine did.
It did have good handling and with water ballast climbed very good. I
did watch a fella jump out of an "A" model at Hobbs back in the 80's
when his all flying tail came off. He was about 4,000 agl and I saw
the canopy open and he stepped out. He ended up ok but the Nimbus
almost hit him when it crashed into the ground.