Old September 17th 15, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Dittel or Becker?

On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 9:24:54 PM UTC-5, David MacVeigh wrote:
I'd like to hear reasons for and against the purchase of Dittel or Becker transceiver for my Libelle.
suggestions?

In the running are Becker AR 6201-022, AR 6201-122 and Dittel KRT 2 Gen.2..

All info greatly appreciated

Depends very much on where you live, David. In Europe you'll have to spring for the 8.33 kHz radios that are now mandated. If in the US, you can actually cheaply buy one of the older 25 kHz spaced radios that the Europeans discard. Dittel or Becker doesn't really make a difference.