Old September 19th 15, 08:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default Dittel or Becker?

On Friday, 18 September 2015 01:09:11 UTC+3, wrote:

The Air Avionics one looks interesting but I have a personal rule about never buying anything in it's first iteration and that has worked out well in the past when it comes to avoiding aggravation. Once it's proven it could be a good choice especially if you want to have a Mode-S transponder and have limited panel space.

That's basically sound advice, but I've received excellent after-sales support from Air Avionics, including very fast firmware updates. First BF Varios can be user-updated to latest standard, the hardware has not changed. Most likely it's the same with Air Com.