Old June 19th 09, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb[_2_]

Default small o/a torch preferences?

patrick wrote:
Hello; I'm considering a project - homebuilt recumbent bike- that I'm
going to use as an excuse to buy a smaller o/a torch. I currently have
a victor torch, model 100-with the valves at the bottom of the largish
body and would like to buy one of the smaller torches with the valves
at the top of the body. There's 3 commonly available torches with the
topside control on the north american market- the victor, harris and
smith torch. Any preferences among the 3? Thanks Pat

I had both a Smith and a Victor.
Both were fine instruments with the right sized tips.

"Small" diameter hoses are recommended.
Less fatigue handling the torch that way.

While I'd love to play with a Meco Midget,
it was just too expensive for my limited budget.

Richard