Old October 16th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

Default Spin training

In article ,
"Steven Barnes" wrote:

Woohoo!

I just got back from my spin training for my CFI. I went up with a local
acrobatic instructor in his Pitts. First time doing any severe unusual
attitude stuff and 1st time in a tail dragger. First off, hats off to all
those who fly taildraggers. That takes some foot work.
Spins weren't as bad as I thought. We did a couple normal stalls to see how
quickly the Pitts moves. Next, recovery from incipient spin. Then 1, then 2
turn spins. Learned quite a bit. Even got to do a couple rolls on the way
back to the field. Never lost my lunch! I did get a cramp in my right foot
from the rudder work, though. J
If you've never done any unusual attitude stuff, I would highly recommend
it.

You did spins in a Pitts and you instructor did not show you the
Mueller-Beggs Recovery method?