Old September 5th 08, 05:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

Default Ren Yenc

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 12:47:18 -0400, HEMI-Powered wrote
(in article ):

hielan' laddie added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

so now im being ignored what a great news group this is
MH

Gee, son, I'm not ignoring you. I'm pitying you.

You're reaping what so many other clueless MSOE users have
sown by their intemperate rants against YENC (and other useful
techniques). I, for one, would be more inclined towards paying
attention to what they (and you) want if only they had not
started off by accusing me of all kinds of things on no basis
whatsoever other than I posted using YENC. When they did that,
they poisoned the well... and now they (and you) get to drink
deep.

I repeat: MSOE is a crippled newsreader. I've posted before
what the minimum requirements for a real newsreader are; MSOE
fails on all counts. If MSOE meets your requirements, by all
means continue to use it... just don't expect any sympathy if
other people, using real newsreaders, do so in ways that cause
trouble for crippled newsreaders. We who use real newsreaders
do not _have_ to accommodate you who use crippled ones. You do
_not_ get a vote on what I post, when I post it, and what
techniques I use to post it. If you do not wish to use
something which can download it, despite the swarm of
cheap/free real newsreaders available for Windows and Mac and
(probably, given the Tux mentality, I don't do penguins so I
don't know for sure, corrections invited) Linux, you are free
to do so... Too bad that you won't be able to see the pix, but
that's your choice. Just as you can't make me post using
techniques you like, I can't make you use a real newsreader. I
can, however, ensure that it will be difficult for you to see
my stuff if you don't. You no like? Me no care.

I'm afraid you're spitting into a strong wind here. OE users are
absolutely adament about using it as a news reader even though
you are completely correct that it is crippled by being an add-on
the to E-mail client portion of O6.

**** 'em. Just because they're idiots doesn't mean that I have to coddle
them. And I won't.

What OE bigots cannot seem to
understand is that it is slow to decode pictures inline, has
difficulty with multipart binaries, and cannot (yet) decode yEnc.
People who really don't want to get a real news reader and want
to stick with OE are in the vast majority in many NGs, hence it
is impossible to promote the idea that yEnc is a valid encoding
scheme and takes a rather large part of the encoding overhead out
making it faster to upload and faster to download.

Anyone who doesn't like YENC is free to run a killfilter with 'yenc' in it;
every pic I post is posted with YENC and has 'yenc' in the subjectline. If
they don't want to see it, they can damn well killfile it. I don't give a
damn.