Old August 19th 09, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ben Dawson

Default What was your first glider?

My first glider (and only) is a SB5e which no will have seen one
before!

Its a wood ship, made in the 70s.

It's lovely to fly a real floater with reasonable performance at
speeds up to 65 knots.

I bought her off Ebay for pennies (£1500) with a syndicate partner.
We have spent quite a bit of time and a little money doing her up.

I borrow the clubs Junior and LS4 however despite the better
perfaformance of the LS4 I still prefer to fly the SB5e.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21RmpxlUi7E

http://www.sb5e.de/

At 03:52 19 August 2009, flgliderpilot wrote:

Out of curiosity, I searched but found no similar thread...

So what was your first glider, how did you find it, how long did

you
fly it, did you keep it or quickly out grow it? Would love to hear
your stories...