Old November 14th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Allen[_1_]

Default Fractional piston ownership - what say you?

"Nathan Young" wrote in message
I am a long time subscriber to Flying Mag. I have read Robert Goyer's
articles on shared/fractional piston ownership, and decided to take a
look at the numbers.

His most recent article in the Dec2006 Flying states:

SR22-G2 (1/8th share) = $71,900 (Note that $71,900 * 8 = $575k)
$760 monthly management fee
$90 hourly operating cost.

This 'buys' the owner access to 75 hours per year of flying time, with
21 overnights.

What happens to the other 197 nights per year? What is the rate if you go
over the 75 hours per year? Is the insurance premium part of the management
fee or is it additional? I once had someone offer me $6,000.00/mo. to dry
lease my Beech Travelair for a year. This was to include 20 flight hours,
additional hours were to be at $350.00/hr and they carried their own
insurance. Alas, another renter dinged the airplane just before we signed
and the deal fell through.

Allen