Old May 9th 05, 06:12 AM
Grumman-581

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:C2Afe.67627$c24.42572@attbi_s72...
If you want to understand the U.S., and see where the real people live,

come
to the heartland.

I'm not sure that I would classify Iowa as "where the real people live"...
I've lived in various places around the country while in the Navy and while
contracting... Each has it's own advantages and disadvantages...

Went flying out of C17 today... Quite windy, but it was straight down the
runway and not *too* bad on the surface... It was pretty much directly out
of the south... Flew over west towards whatever that lake is to the NW of
the nuke plant, followed the river for awhile and then headed back... Just
flying kind of slow, checking out the scenery -- 100 kts... At one point, I
was heading north and I looked down at my LORAN and it showed a groundspeed
of 157 kts... Yee Haw!! A 57 kt tailwind! I've never seen that in Texas...
Probably because when the weather is bad enough to give you that, there's
other things like level 5 thunderstorms that deter you from getting in the
air...

There are many terrific things here, and you don't have
to lock your car doors while you check them out...

But you need to lock up your tanks of ammonium nitrate...