Old July 20th 18, 11:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Need a new axle for my eberle trailer ....

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 7:58:53 AM UTC-7, Peter Deane wrote:
Hi All

My Std Cirrus trailer (eberle) needs a new torsion axle with a handbrake.... cant find one in US? Any one else had this problem ?

Hoping there is some experience on sourcing one of these ...

Help much appreciated

Peter Deane (2T)

Had a similar problem with an old, home-built trailer. The axles were separate, half axles with torsion springs. After one repair attempt, I decided to replace the entire undercarriage with a modern, leaf-spring axle and electric brakes. Any good trailer service shop can do this.

Tom