Old June 1st 11, 01:40 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

[quote=Dan Marotta;772671]Glassholes??? It's not the construction of the glider that makes the
personality of the pilot...

OBTW, when I pull my glider out to fly, it's made of glass...

"Walt Connelly" wrote in message
...[color=blue][i]

I agree, it's not the construction of the glider that makes the personality of the pilot, but I have observed that to at least to some degree, those with the more economical ships have the best attitudes. "Glasshole" was not a term I coined.

The operational standards are set by the owner and they make sense to me. What I am trying to do is come up with a system that will be equitable and reasonable and perhaps present it them. Just because you have pulled out and parked next to the runway and left your glider for a couple of hours does not give you special dispensation. Many students and renters drive for hours to get to the glider port. They have a reasonable expectation of flying at a certain time. I agree with the comments about rides being done in the calmer air but a $120 to $160 dollar ride produces more revenue than a 200 foot tow.... I don't remember a rider even at mid-day not returning with a big smile, (okay, one puked but that's gonna happen) I understand the owners position.

Walt