Old June 1st 11, 01:48 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

I could not agree more about reminding students that much is to be learned by watching and assisting on the ground. While I was taking lessons I would show up early, bring my books, hang out at the launch line and study, chase rope, hook up, watch, listen and learn. Can you believe that there are people with licenses who can't properly hook up a Schweizer?

The Japanese students who come here to learn to fly bring a different work ethic than the American students. It's observable to a high degree...they work as a team. We can learn a lot by watching them.

Walt