Old July 16th 11, 12:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

Default MSL vs. AGL (Again)

On Jul 14, 7:20*pm, N11rdbird wrote:
The MSL/AGL issue has come before the Caesar Creek Soaring Club Board
once again. Not only has the Club been thrown into turmoil again, this
time it has specifically affected our instructors and how to most
effectively teach our students. I am curious if there are other Clubs
or organizations that teach using AGL.
Rolf Hegele
Member of the Board

"Tonopah traffic Skywagon N180BM entering left down wind descending
out of 7200' ".

"Tonopah traffic glider N233L I'm left down wind midfield at (hmmm,
let's see the field is, ahh, where's my chart uh 5426'
uhhh I set my altimeter to 0' when I took off 30 minutes ago now it
says 1520' uhh plus 5426' is uhh, man I wish I had oxygen in this ship
I can't
add). Uhh I'm 1520' above the field, doh.

Ka boom.