Old July 24th 19, 06:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Seattle area soaring?

Hello Kevin,
I am sorry to hear that you have had such a difficult time trying to schedule a ride with Evergreen Soaring. As a member and former officer of the club, I can assure you that we are keenly interested in spreading the gospel of soaring. The best way to do that is through experiencing it first hand. Please, visit the website: http://www.evergreensoaring.info/demoflight
It is true that walk ups are not easily accommodated due to airport restrictions and other ever emerging hurdles. Unfortunately, the airport management has approached us directly and warned us about tempting people to cross the ramp with our glider operations. In the eyes of those who are responsible for and manage airports, pedestrians not familiar with airport operations are seen as a hazard and a liability. However, we see people who approach us as potential glider pilots. We are forced to strike a balance by complying with the airport rules while still trying to encourage interested people to come and go soaring with us. The reservations are the compromise, and it also allows for us to ensure we have the right people and right equipment in place for that demonstration ride. Should you decide Evergreen Soaring is not a good fit for your demonstration ride, I would still strongly encourage you to make the effort and find a place to experience gliding.

Happy Landings,
Jim Dobberfuhl
Evergreen Soaring