Old January 14th 19, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default What is a Public Liability Insurance Requirment or Glider Club

The SSA/Costello policy covers liability and hull insurance for the aircraft and its operators but does not cover airport operations I don't believe. Costello sells SSA Chapters a separate policy that covers airport operations and names my club's landlord an additional insured. It also covers the club's operations whether they're at our home field or anywhere else in North America (this year we held the R6N contest at a larger county airport). At the insureds request, such a policy may also contain riders that allow for additional coverage for clubs who operate a winch or hold an SSA sanctioned contest requiring event insurance. The event insurance runs about $550 per contest.

Anyhow, my advice is to call Costello at (800) 528-6483 and have them review your contract's insurance requirements to determine what coverage is necessary.

- Chris Schrader, SSA Director, Region 6